I imagine your gifts are wrapped and placed perfectly under your exquisitely decorated tree. I'm not even close. I've barely started. Although I am confident I can get through my list quickly. I was thinking about gifts that speak to the spirit and I thought I would send you some ideas just in case you are still shopping! I'm aware that time is ticking and December 25th is not far off...so I won't give you a big blurb about each item. Click on the links and order from the comfort of your own home! I think any woman in your life would like any of these:
1. Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer - perfect for the woman who wants to connect more deeply with nature.
2. Belonging: Remembering Ourselves Home by Toko-pa Turner - one of my favourite books this year. I've read it several times.
3. The Book of Joy by Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu - This book had me smiling at the beauty of inter-faith friendship. As you can imagine when two great spiritual leaders sit down to talk the wisdom flows.
4. Make a donation to a cause that is close to the recipients heart. Many organizations have matching donations going on right now at the end of the year. Your donation will have double the impact! If nature connection is important here are a few Canadian organizations that would be worth considering:
Best Day Ever Bursary - Give the gift of a nature experience to someone in need.
5. Coaching/Course - I work with women who are reclaiming a vibrant and healthy spirituality. I offer one on one sessions, custom rituals to mark special occassions, and I have a new course starting in January. Connect with me (mailto:email@example.com) and I'll help you choose the right gift from my courses/coaching programs. I'll send you a gift certificate for the recipient.
6. Glerup Slippers - I love these slippers and I swear my spirit feels nourished every time I slip mine on.
7. Memoir Writing Coaching with Patti M Hall - I've interviewed Patti three times, worked with her as a writing coach and I recommend her for the woman in your life who has a story to tell.
8. Ancestry.ca - How about giving a DNA test? Knowing our past can help us feel more connected in the present.
9. Spirituality & Health Magazine Subscription - If you are in the USA I think this would be a gift that keeps giving- for those of us in Canada the exchange and extra shipping costs might make you rethink this idea!
REMEMBER: The best gifts are gifts from the heart that show the recipient that you thought about them and what is important to them. It's a great feeling when you give a gift that you know is just right.